Monday, June 28, 2010

Author Visit - Chris Grabenstein

I'm a little behind in posting. Video from the rocket launch is coming - I'm not at my computer, where the footage is, at the moment. I'm hoping to get to that later today, if not tomorrow. In the meantime I do have some pics and a report on our visit with author, Chris Grabenstein last Thursday. I was disappointed in the number of people who came out for this one, especially once Chris got rolling and I saw how fabulous his program is. But on the bright side, the folks who did show were incredibly enthusiastic! Chris has extensive experience doing improv comedy, and that was wildly, wonderfully obvious! After a quick run-through of the basic parts of a story, Chris led us through the process of developing our own group ghost story, Who's Line style. After taking random suggestions that included a Civil War cemetery, an accidental suicide of a women dressed as a man to take someone else's place in the army, a dwarf, a zombie helper and a chocolate bar bigger than Hershey Park, Chris put them all together and came up with an absolutely hysterical story. After the program was finished, we gave away several of his books as door prizes (all of the teens who attended got one) and Chris graciously signed each one. If you missed it, the pics don't come anywhere near doing it justice, but here they are anyway.

No comments: