Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rocket Launch Update - Part 2

A little before noon it was sunny with just a bit of a breeze. We thought we'd get through the launch, just fine. Wrong! Just a little after noon, the sprinkles that initially looked like they'd pass over become thunder, lightning, and pretty strong winds. With everyone and everything pretty well drenched, and dark skies in all directions, we decided to bag it for today and try again tomorrow. Sure enough, it started to clear once almost everyone had left. As of right now, we're still planning to try again tomorrow. We're going for a start time of noon again. The forecast isn't great, so I'll check it again in the morning. If it looks worse we may need to cancel, so check back here around 10:00 for a last minute update. Keep your fingers crossed and do those anti-rain dances!

No comments: