Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sleight of Hand Magic with Mike Rose

We just wrapped up another very cool program. Magician Mike Rose did a wonderful workshop on sleight of hand magic. We all learned some basic tricks that could be done on the fly with ordinary objects, and terms like the French Drop, Ramsey's Subtlety, Finger Palming, and the Two Hand Switch. Boy, I wish we would have had this one earlier in the summer! When another presenter was caught in horrendous traffic and I needed to entertain the crowd for about 10 minutes, I joked that I really should learn to tap dance or juggle for just such an occasion. This would have been even better. I'll need to go home and practice, but I now have some tricks, literally, up my sleeve in case of an emergency. If you missed it, here are some pics.

No comments: