Monday, May 09, 2011

Ghostopolis / Doug TenNapel

TITLE: Ghostopolis
AUTHOR: Doug TenNapel
OWNED BY CCLS? Yes.

One of the graphic novels that I frequently recommend to readers new to graphic novels is Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel. I read Ghostopolis a few months back and I have continued to search out and read all of the TenNapel GNs that I can get my hands on.

Ghostopolis is a bit weird and unusual, but that's what makes it fun. Once you start reading, I guarantee you'll want to read another of TenNapel's comics, if not--see me!

Picture this...
You have an incurable disease, that's as bad as it can get, right? Think again! You're zapped into the afterlife by a ghost wrangler, along with a horse skeleton (that appears to be alive--weird), and the ruler of this afterlife is not pleased with your arrival, so he sends his minions after you. Fantastic! Fortunately the ghost wrangler who accidentally sent you to this other world has an ex ghost girlfriend, who can hopefully get you back to where you belong. All this and more is jammed into Ghostopolis. Want to know how it ends? Check it out! If it's already gone, don't worry, there's another copy on order!

Check out Doug TenNapel's website too : http://tennapel.com/ .

I am currently reading Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner and Power Up by Doug TenNapel.

No comments: