Tuesday, February 01, 2011

A completely self serving post in which I brag about my recent trip to Pittsburgh to see John Green

Ok, so, last Friday I ventured over mountains, and through tunnels and snow to Pittsburgh so that I could see the king of all things nerdy, John Green, speak at the Carnegie Library. For those of you who don't know who John Green is, he is an author of such fine books as Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, and Will Grayson Will Grayson (which was co-authored with David Levithan). John Green and his brother, Hank, also have a YouTube channel on which they make videos about various topics, from the political situation in Egypt, to conspiracy theories, to giraffes.
So anyway, I love John Green. I think he's brilliant, and I was exceptionally excited to see him speak, and he did not disappoint. He talked about books, and writing books, and how we read books, and Gary Busey, and other really cool nerdy stuff.

THEN I got a book AND, as my sister calls it, my nerd journal, which is a book I keep of all the books I read signed by him. I will proudly show it to you if you ask me to. Here are my new prized possession photos of this momentous occasion:

In other news, I recently read Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and it was FANTASTIC, and I happen to know that we recently ordered a copy for the library, so stay on the lookout for that. Also, I am cooking up another contest/giveaway. I just need to work out the details, so keep checking back for that, too!

No comments: