Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SPOILER ALERT!

I've been attempting to avoid spoilers thus far in my Potter posts, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to break with tradition as I post my last post before I see the DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1 on Friday. So if you haven't finished book 7 or you just like to avoid spoilers in general, turn back now. I'll scroll down to below the dark mark and then start my actual post, but before I do that I wanted to remind you all of the giveaway we're doing at the Fredricksen for one of four pairs of tickets to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 at the IMAX in Harrisburg! Come in and enter ASAP! It is easy, you just write your name and Hogwarts house down! You barely even have to do anything!






____________________________________________________________
I spent last evening debating with my sister and a friend where the first movie would end and the second one would begin. It is hard to say, because the book is pretty bottom heavy--there is a lot of stuff that happens in the last third of the book, and a lot of wandering around in the woods before that. When I first started thinking about where the first movie would end (which, admitedly, was about four seconds after I found out that the seventh book was being made into two movies rather than just one) I thought that it would likely end on a sour note, just after Ron leaves, because it would be very dramatic and suspensful leading up to the second movie.

But now, probably because I am a bit more than half way through book 7 and remembering all of the little things that I forgot about, I realized that that can't be where they stop, because NOTHING HAPPENS before that. I completely forgot how long Harry, Ron, and Hermione wander around in the forest doing very little before they actually destroy the first Horcrux. So I have revised my thinking about where the first movie will end, and I predict that it will end just after the three find out about the Deathly Hallows from Xenophilius Lovegood, listen to Potterwatch, and are captured and taken to Malfoy Manor.

When do you all think the first movie will end? Do you think my predictions are right, or do you have another idea. Let me know in the comments, and I'll be back next week with my movie review!

No comments: