Tuesday, November 09, 2010

9 DAYS LEFT!!!!!

According to theleakycauldron.org there are 9 days, 12 hours, and 22 minutes until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 is released. This is simulataneously exciting (because I really want to see the movie) and terrible (because I'm only on page 32 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) for me. I'm not saying that I'm not going to finish the books in time, but... well... I'm getting a little nervous.
I finished Order of the Phoenix yesterday at lunch, and I was very satisfied. One thing (one of the many things) that I think that J.K. Rowling does really well throughout the series is aging her characters accordingly, and that becomes most apparent in the fifth book, I think, when Harry is SO ANGRY all the time. I mean, I like that, and I can appreciate it, because he has every right to be angry, and he is, and he lets people know.
One of the other strengths of the fifth book, an annoying strength of the fifth book, is Delores Umbridge, because, oh man, she is so much fun to hate. And the Weasley twins' exit from Hogwarts... I love it, every time.
I remember reading Order of the Phoenix for the first time the night that it came out. I stayed up all night just zipping through it, and I remember that at about 3 in the morning I got close to the end and (I won't actually say what happens, just in case someone, somewhere hasn't read it) just crying and crying about the... ahh... end. It is a good ending though.
Ok, enough reminiscing, here's a YouTube video I found. It is the trailer for Part 1, but it is the literal version. I thought it was hilarious:

No comments: