Friday, August 04, 2006

Summer Wrap-Up

Wow! What a summer! 344 of you registered for the Teen Summer Reading program this year - a 36% increase from last year. Attendance at programs was up, and we had an incredible number of book reviews turned in. In fact, I had to split the book reviews into 2 binders yesterday. Your somewhat-useless-tidbit-of-information-for-the-day: 561 book review papers just won't fit in a 3" binder.

Remember - the book review binders will stay out there in the YA area all year. So if you're looking for ideas for what to read next, and I'm not around to offer suggestions, check the binders to see what other kids have liked. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to start going through the binders and posting a list of some of the 4-star titles on this site, so check back for that.

Also, keep checking this site for teen program information throughout the year. In fact, I'm going to conduct a little experiment to see how many of you are actually looking at this site. (Yes, I know about counters. There is one on this site, but the numbers include people like librarians in Australia. I love hearing from them, but I want to know how many of the readers are local teens.) Throughout the year, I will occasionally post something on this site, telling you to stop by the library on a certain date and do something simple to get a treat. The first one will be in September for an international holiday of sorts. (Hint: Think pirates.) Watch this site for more details.

No comments: