Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hello Teens of Fredricksen!

My name is Mrs. Gay and I am the new Teens Services Coordinator at Fredricksen Library. I am very excited to take on this new position! I have experience working with teens, as I was a middle school teacher for 10 years and I have tutored high school students as well. Having worked the reference desk for two years here at Fredricksen, I am familiar with a few of the teen programs and I have had the opportunity to meet many of you already. The teen programs already scheduled for the fall will remain as scheduled. I hope to see many of you there! I plan to continue this teen Blogspot, but you may see changes. Hannah, a librarian who works at both the reference and circulation desks, will be doing most of the young adult book reviews. She reads YA literature nonstop and is really looking forward to giving you these reviews! Mrs. N. has created an AWESOME Teen Program at Fredricksen and I look forward to working to keep it great, but it can't be great without YOU, the teens! Do you have an idea for an upcoming teen program? Consider coming to the next TAG (Teen Advisory Group) meeting this Thursday at 7:00 pm in the community room. We would love fresh ideas and new faces! There will also be a TAG meeting Thursday, September 30th at 7:00 pm. The next time you are in the library, please stop by to see if I am working! I would love to meet you in person!

No comments: