Sunday, December 09, 2007

Guitar Hero Update

Wow! We had kids coming out of the woodwork yesterday for the Guitar Hero tournament! I felt really bad that I had to start turning kids away once we had 40 signed up for the tournament, but if I hadn't, we'd probably still be in there. As is, we just finished up with about 10 minutes to spare before the library closed. Zach S. was the final winner with Cory W. coming in second. In addition to the gift certificates that they won, they also got their proverbial 15 minutes of fame courtesy of the Patriot News, which ran a real nice story in today's paper, front page below the fold. A big thank you to everyone who came out entered, and an extra thank you to Zach and Wes who did a great job cleaning up during the tournament, so we could continue to play till just about closing time. I love to see young men with brooms in their hands.
Pics are below. Pardon the quality. I'm still getting the hang of a new camera.

No comments: