Thursday, October 12, 2006

What Mrs. N's Been Reading

I just finished James Patterson's Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment. Good book! I stayed up later than I should have reading it because I was so caught up in it. It moves quick and has incredibly short (4 or 5 page) chapters. It's the story of a group of children who have been the victims of genetic experimentation and now have wings and an assortment of other unusual abilities. They escaped a few years before the story begins, but are now being hunted by another group of mutants called Erasers, on orders of the scientists who experimented on them. They're trying to figure out how they're being tracked and whether or not there's a traitor among them, while they try to track down secret information about their parents and what exactly has been done to them. I'll warn you that the ending leaves you hanging. You'll definitely need to read the sequel, Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever. After I post this I'm going down to the YA section to see if it's in. The Toronto Sun reviewer was right - this one screams to be made into a movie. I'm betting that it will be.

No comments: